Massachusetts Vehicle Check inspector training
certifications are valid for a period of two years.
Periodic re-certification training is a requirement for
inspectors participating in the Massachusetts
Vehicle Check program. As a result, you must
participate in re-certification training within 90
days of your current training certification expiration
date to continue inspecting vehicles. If applicable,
Non-Commercial Re-certification must be completed
before beginning Commercial and/or 7D re-certification
Inspector Re-certification Training (RECERT) Information
Training Fee/Payment Methods:
- The Non-Commercial RECERT fee is $60.
- The Commercial RECERT Fee is $97.
- The 7D RECERT Fee is $10.
- The Motorcycle RECERT Fee is $25.
- Parsons accepts credit cards (VISA & MasterCard) via the website, as well as checks & money orders by mail. If you wish to pay by check or money order, please follow the payment instructions below.
- Payment must be processed prior to inspectors taking the exam.
Check and Money Order Payment Instructions:
PLEASE MAKE CHECK/MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO:
PE&I GROUP INC.
(Note: Please include your S Number on the face of the check/money order)
PLEASE REMIT CHECK/MONEY ORDER TO:
55 Messina Drive
Braintree, MA 02184
Please allow five business days for delivery and processing of your check/money order before attempting to begin the RECERT exam. Parsons must receive your check/money and grant you access before the RECERT exam becomes available to you. If you cannot access the exam after five business days or have any other problems or questions, please contact our Training Office at 781-794-2961 or 781-794-9821.
- You will be asked to enter your S number and unique workstation password online before beginning any of the RECERT exams.
- You may take the exam up to 90 days prior to your current training expiration date.
- The Non-Commercial and Commercial RECERT exams will consist of 50 questions. The 7D and Motorcycle RECERT exams will consist of 25 questions.
- You must pass the exam with a grade of 80 percent or better.
- You will have a total of 120 minutes to complete the Non-Commercial and Commercial exams and a total of 90 minutes to complete the 7D and Motorcycle exams.
- You are allowed three attempts to pass the exam (one initial and two free re-tests). If you do not pass the initial RECERT exam, you must take the re-tests within 45 days of the initial RECERT exam. However, you must successfully pass your RECERT exam prior to your current training certification’s expiration date in order to continue inspecting vehicles.
- Note: If you fail to successfully pass the RECERT exam before your training expires, you will be locked out from performing inspections. When this occurs, you will need to call the Registry of Motor Vehicles to reactivate your inspector license after you pass the RECERT exam. Please note that reactivation may take up to 24 hours to complete. To avoid this situation, you are encouraged to pass the RECERT exam before your training expires!
Thank you for your participation in the new inspector re-certification process. Should you require additional information, you are welcome to call the Technical Helpdesk at 877-834-4677.